Friday, November 13, 2009

a whole decade

 

brian, the flowers - of course - are courtesy of you (THANK YOU!!!)...they're in celebration of today...our special ten year anniversary. wooh hooh, suckers...we did it! :-)

so, here's to you, my love...the guy who gets me like no one else. who makes me laugh. who laughs @ me when i laugh @ my own jokes. who patiently endures crying spells & emotional breakdowns of all kinds. the man who has amusingly endured two pregnancies w/ me & catered to my every wish & desire. here's to the guy i love making road trips with. because we have hours & hours to talk (& sometimes argue) about the many things we (apparently) find important. you're STILL the guy i love spending friday nights with. even if our friday nights are a little modified these days. here's to the man who will always hold me to a higher standard. who will always point me to our God. here's to the incredible guy who will always show me more grace & mercy than i tend to show him, myself or others. i feel like my love & my life pales in comparison to the love & life you give & share with me. you are a great man, brian white, & i am the luckiest girl in the world to get to have YOU all to myself.

it really is fun to think how far we've come in the more than 15 years that we've been a couple. but especially exciting to think about our wedding day & how much fun we had. how you had to pay for a groomsman's tuxedo (groomsman to remain anonymous in this post), how our getaway car wouldn't start that AM & when i didn't freak out my mom asked me if i had taken something to keep me calm!, then how your mom DID offer for you to take something even though you were also calm!

how our *wedding singer* kept winking @ me over your shoulder while he was singing to me (if you were there, you know who he is & would find this hysterical!), that grandmom kept yelling "get hold to something!" as we were driving away perched on the top of the rumble seat, that we called my parents that night to take us to the airport b/c we had failed to make plans beyond getting ourselves TO the hotel on our wedding night, or that the next morning mom maw asked me "does your...?" - you KNOW what she asked me!!!

i love you!!! happy tenth anniversary...yours.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: