Thursday, January 7, 2010

sunshine

 

this little boy & his baby sister...they're my sunshine!

this AM, lucy was a fussy gussy...while i was holding her, G looked @ me & said, "sunshine noise!" see, when G was itty bitty & would fuss; & now @ L's naps & then @ night when we put them both to bed, i/we sing "you are my sunshine" to them. so..."sunshine noise!" to garrett was obvious when his little sister was having a hard moment. so i sang - to them both, as best i could w/ my cold! - & she got quiet & G gave me the biggest smile - an enormous ray of sunshine in my day!

then later in the AM, G was playing w/ his dr kit. he closed it up & walked away, saying "bye bye!" then he came back waving hello to me. i said, "hello, dr roy!" (our ped who G talks about all the time. G starts laughing so hard as i'm saying...) "how are you today? are you going to listen to my heart, dr roy? or take my temperature? i'm so happy to see you, dr roy!" he throws his head back & said, "oh beff!"

hahahahaha!!!

brian said, "oh beth" when we were driving from NC to TN over the holidays & G totally picked up on it. he says it quite frequently now & knows how hard we laugh @ him when he does. but the funniest thing is that he says it @ the right moments. his little sense of humor - LOVE him! :-)


garrett's also so proud when he *shares* with lucy - he often points it out to me when he's done it. :-) this AM the best way he could find to share with lucy was to just lay his pooh book & doodle pro on top of her! the other day he shared something w/ her & then immediately yelled "mice!" (his word for 'mine') - as if she had actually taken it from him in the first place.

1 comment:

JAMES & SUSAN said...

I love this blog!!!! Those pics of Garrett are so cute with his helmet! You're babies are so darn cute!!!!!

I wish that I lived closer to you so that we could visit more. I would love to see you and have our kids spend time together!!

Glad that you're enjoying being a mom!! I love it too.