Wednesday, September 30, 2009

We are going to be friends

We are going to be friends...

"Tonight I'll dream while I'm in bed
when silly thoughts go through my head
about the bugs and alphabet
and when I wake tommorow I'll bet
that you and I will walk together again
cause I can tell that we're going to be friends."

If you had siblings growing up, I think it's impossible not to hope things for your own children as siblings. For me, it's that Garrett & Lucy (& any subsequent brothers & sisters they'll have) will be friends...that they will love, encourage & challenge each other. That they will enjoy & tolerate :-) one another in ways that only siblings do.

(The verse above is from a song entitled "We are going to be friends" - if you have young kids, check it out; makes a momma's heart melt!)

Everybody's getting ready for bed...our little diaper dandy's!

2 comments:

beth said...

Watching your kids develop that sibling bond... and all of the wonderful character traits that come with that... is one of the greatest joys of parenting, I think!

Susan said...

so so soooooo sweet!! love the pix, girlie!